4/19/2010

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW?


First posts are always awkward. How do I start? Simple: Explain what this blog is geared towards and how it came to be. Still with me? M’kay


What is Silly Geth?

SG is a personal blog that covers current events and news amongst the global gaming subculture. Although each post may mention events surrounding what’s going on in my life, SG will cover a different topic each week


How often will Silly Geth be updated?

Each Friday, I’ll post comments on the weekly updates of two big releases on the horizon; Halo: Reach and Star Wars: The Old Republic

In addition, the first week of every month will cover Gaming in the Media; We all know that news reporters lack the experience or inclination to sit down and play a game (Let alone with other people! *le-gasp*), so I’ll give my two sense worth

The second week of every month will cover an article on gaming in current history (By which I mean the dawn of digital media, around the 1970’s). You’d be surprised how many drones go about their day-to-day lives, and view games as either superfluous or demonic; what can you expect from 20th century educations, right?

The third week of every month, SG will answer questions from followers; if no questions have been submitted, then it’ll cover whatever I feel like at the time; probably full of nostalgia over a favorite game or weird way that gaming fits in with everyday life

The final week of every month (either the fourth or fifth, whichever it is that week) will be a review of a game that was released that month. I’ll probably have to invent a method of judging the game, but that’s a post for another day

A roommate once asked me “Why is it called Silly Geth?” To which I can only say, play Mass Effect 2. And while you’re at it, play Mass Effect 1. Good times . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment